This was much easier than I anticipated (Thing 1-setting up a blog). I was quite ignorant about it, as I am about many things concerning technology. Now I have the confidence to face Things 2-8!
How can I use this in my classroom? Some possibilities are: students posting reviews on books they have read, discussions related to a book study, classroom news and activities, special projects, posting a question and have students express their opinion in order to get them engaged in a Social Studies topic or to introduce a novel.
I look forward to learning more about how to incorporate blogs into my classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great ideas for getting students involved in a classroom blog! Posting in an online environment can motivate students in a surprising way, and allowing them to share their opinions online gives them an authentic audience for their classroom contributions.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found creating your blog to be fairly easy! Hopefully that'll continue throughout the other 7 things!
Hopefully you had a chance to look at the Blogs for Review page (http://sisd8things.blogspot.com/2010/04/blogs-for-review.html), where you'll find lots of examples of teachers who have integrated blogs into their classrooms. (Some even using them for some of the purposes you listed in your ideas.)
Great work! Thing 1 complete!